Symbol tables in the debugger

This is a big category, which includes emulators that run on a PC and emulate the CX16, emulators that run on CX16 and simulate other computers, and tools for connecting to other computers. Data conversion tools may also fit here or in development tools, depending on the focus.
Mikko Karjanmaa

General - CX16 Symbol tables in the debugger

Post by Mikko Karjanmaa »

Is anyone interested in seeing their symbol tables in the emulator? I made a fork of the x16-emulator where I used the objdump of llvm-mos to get the symbols to the debugger: https://github.com/Kobrasadetin/x16-emu ... bol-tables

I'm considering making a pull request of all or some of the features to the official repo if someone gets interested about this idea and wants to help make this thing a full feature. Of course there would be need to support some of the more popular languages then.

StephenHorn

Re: Symbol tables in the debugger

Post by StephenHorn »

Well, Box16 doesn't support importing the symbol tables from llvm-mos yet. But I would totally accept a PR incorporating it, and if nobody is otherwise interested then there's still a non-zero chance I'll do it myself, based on the work in your fork. Assuming you're okay with that. ;)
Developer for Box16, the other X16 emulator. (Box16 on GitHub)
I also accept pull requests for x16emu, the official X16 emulator. (x16-emulator on GitHub)
Mikko Karjanmaa

Sure, I don't mind derivative works, this was something I wanted to do for the interest of my own projects, and if it in any way benefits the community, all the better. :)
Mikko Karjanmaa

Now the registers are also visible in the symbol view (which is currently toggled with right ctrl)
Mikko Karjanmaa

Here's a Windows build for someone who wants to quickly try it out, compatible with r46 (just replace the exe and run with -symbols <symbol table file> command line option)

https://file.io/oxnxE6Tfm0RX