Commander X16 Proto #2

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
Kevin Williams

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by Kevin Williams »

Hi again! I've been working for quite awhile to get the new layout complete, and I think we are just about ready to run the second prototype! There are quite a number of changes to this board over the previous version, so I do expect a few, ahem, challenges perhaps? 1f642.png? That said, a lot of time has been spent testing on breadboards and optimizing so I think we should be close to the final specs on this system. As mentioned, there are code breaking changes with the system. I will post more for the devs out there in a post below. The VERA has also changed quite a bit. Namely, it now has 32 registers, but I'll let @Frank van den Hoef talk more about that when he is ready to post some updates. Also, I made two proto boards to test the bus and get the alignment right for the final design. Progress is being made, thanks for everyone's patience and have a great day!

X16.png

x16-exp-proto-l.png

x16-exp-proto-s.png

X16-Proto2-post.png

Exabyte

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by Exabyte »

Dude this is thrilling to see! I saw your post on Facebook first and figured I'd poke over here a bit. I did want to know if those prototyping boards were going to be shipped with the system as a bundle or sold separately. If it was considered to be bundled with it, would it just be the S boards? Also, what would the prices be if you decided to sell them?

JimmyDansbo

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by JimmyDansbo »

This is so much better than reading the same post on FB ?

Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
Perifractic

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by Perifractic »

1 hour ago, JimmyDansbo said:

This is so much better than reading the same post on FB ?

Agreed! In future we'll try to only make announcement posts here, then paste the link into FB (which will generate a preview of the post anyway). The website will be the go-to #1 source.

troj

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by troj »

This picture gets me very excited!  It's coming together. ?

And I hope the boards really are a fun color, other than green!

SlithyMatt

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by SlithyMatt »

6 hours ago, troj said:

And I hope the boards really are a fun color, other than green!

Does PCBWay charge considerably more for a blue or red board than a green board?

Perifractic

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by Perifractic »

44 minutes ago, SlithyMatt said:

Does PCBWay charge considerably more for a blue or red board than a green board?

No ?

Yuki

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by Yuki »

Y'all know PCB stands for Potentially Could Be Blue. Or is it?

PCBWAAAAAAYYYYYY

Sorry, had to do it. In any case, it looks pretty cool ?

snake

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by snake »

Does the board pose any obstacles to adding a Z80 card?

TomXP411

Commander X16 Proto #2

Post by TomXP411 »

@Kevin Williams I'm having a hard time finding User Port info on the FB group. I recall you had planned to make it Centronics compatible. Could you refresh my memory here about the User port pinout? I'm trying to figure out how many pins we'll have available for GPIO.