Prototype #2 is aliiiive!

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Please enjoy this mini update from @Kevin Williams about the second prototype. A fuller update will follow from David on YouTube soon (when we have a working prototype #3). Happy new year Commandos!

troj

Post by troj »

Awesome job by a dedicated group of individuals!

Fnord42

Post by Fnord42 »

That's awesome news, thank you!

(Also: Yay, my Tetris running on real hardware! \o/ Thank you Kevin for including it in the video!)

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite »

Been watching a lot of Adrian's basement recently.   I don't know that much about him except that he is all work, no ego.  He's happy to have his attempts to fix and conquer difficult issues play out live on his videos and revels in the thrill of real-time triumph once he gets something working.  Big fan and inspired that he was called upon AND solved a problem.

Does anybody know what his background is?  (developer as a day job?)

Great to see that update, it's Christmas again and just what we needed.  Keep at it guys, wish I could pitch in.  Someday... : )

dr.diesel

Post by dr.diesel »

14 minutes ago, EMwhite said:

Does anybody know what his background is?  (developer as a day job?)

IIRC he's an IT manager.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

Great progress by the team!  What is the expected timeframe regarding rom/emulator changes to match the changes to managing banked RAM? 

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Great progress by the team!  What is the expected timeframe regarding rom/emulator changes to match the changes to managing banked RAM? 
Once we have prototype 3 and we can lock down what is changed that will happen pretty quick. No official timeframe [emoji6]
troj

Post by troj »

28 minutes ago, Perifractic said:

Once we have prototype 3 and we can lock down what is changed that will happen pretty quick. No official timeframe emoji6.png

I'm just happy to see the team having some success - I'm guessing that the Proto 2 issues were causing some frustration.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Thanks for sharing!  When there is more time, I would love to hear more details of what the issue was as well as the fix. That way we can all learn from this, which at least for me, learning something new is the whole reason I'm here. ?

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Thanks for sharing!  When there is more time, I would love to hear more details of what the issue was as well as the fix. That way we can all learn from this, which at least for me, learning something new is the whole reason I'm here. [emoji846]
Yes that will likely be in David's video if not one by Adrian.