New ZZAP!64 Kickstarter now live!

Feel free to talk about any other retro stuff here including Commodore, Sinclair, Atari, Amstrad, Apple... the list goes on!
Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Hello Commandos

If you saw my documentary (one of my favourite & most underrated videos https://youtu.be/LMs8gCQb4ok) you'll know how much I love ZZAP!64.

This time, I got to write for it! ?

It also includes a review of @The 8-Bit Guy's Planet X2 and X2.1 ?

This will be the last issue edited by legendary original 80s ZZAP! editor Roger Kean, so is truly historic. Although it hit the Kickstarter goal in under 2 hours (wow!) I recommend any C64 fan back this. See you there!

Kickstarter: 

Your friend in retro, Perifractic

mrdoornbos

Post by mrdoornbos »

I have a love hate with Crowdfunding. Over the last 12 years of funding projects very few of the projects I've backed shipped without getting stuck in the mud for feature creep or underestimating what scaling up a product would look like.

Remember the Pebble watch? Sigh, so disappointing.

Anyway, this looks cool.

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

I have a love hate with Crowdfunding. Over the last 12 years of funding projects very few of the projects I've backed shipped without getting stuck in the mud for feature creep or underestimating what scaling up a product would look like.
Remember the Pebble watch? Sigh, so disappointing.
Anyway, this looks cool.
Yeah me too. This one's guaranteed. It's Chris Wilkins' 6th (I think) Kickstarter and this is the 3rd ZZAP! annual. All have delivered. The annual is already completed and we've been working hard on it for a few months. If you don't get yours I'll refund you personally [emoji6]
mrdoornbos

Post by mrdoornbos »

Yeah, I backed it anyway.

I'd love to see a Commodore publication come out like the new Amiga Magazine. Makes me regret not holding on to my 500 (still have the 64 though). Now I'm in eBay hell trying to pick one up ?

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Cool! We're planning a quarterly A5 paperback version after this Kickstarter, more like the original magazine. I'm proudly on board as a game reviewer. [emoji3526]  
markboston36

Post by markboston36 »

interesting ill definitely be backing this. is there anywhere i can get the other annuals? 

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

interesting ill definitely be backing this. is there anywhere i can get the other annuals? 
Should be here https://fusionretrobooks.com/collections/retro-books
Johan Kårlin

Post by Johan Kårlin »

On 10/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, Perifractic said:

Hello Commandos

If you saw my documentary (one of my favourite & most underrated videos https://youtu.be/LMs8gCQb4ok) you'll know how much I love ZZAP!64.

This time, I got to write for it! ?

It also includes a review of @The 8-Bit Guy's Planet X2 and X2.1 ?

This will be the last issue edited by legendary original 80s ZZAP! editor Roger Kean, so is truly historic. Although it hit the Kickstarter goal in under 2 hours (wow!) I recommend any C64 fan back this. See you there!

Your friend in retro, Perifractic

I must check this out, sounds like a must-have. I wasn't a subscriber but remember buying some single issues. (Beside Swedish magazines I most clearly recall Zzap!64, Your Computer and the German magazine 64'er that we called Sixty-four'er...)

I watched your Zzap!64 documentary. Fantastic work as always. All your videos are extremely well done, both entertaining and educational : ).

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Wow thank you so much! I hope you love ZZAP! 2021.