'Ello from Los Angeles (X16 Visual Designer)

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Hi everyone, while The 8-Bit guys needs no introduction, we thought the rest of the team should properly introduce themselves! I'll start the ball rolling... I'm a husband & father of 3 (furbabies), & actor-writer with a love of retrogaming. You might have seen or heard me at Perifractic’s Retro Recipes on YouTube, and I've been making retro music since before it was retro!

For the fantastic Commander X16 project I'm proud to be spearheading the launch of the design and branding, among other things. Here's what falls under that department, with the help of some other very talented folks:

• This website's creation and hosting

• Case design & manufacture

• Keyboard design & manufacture

• X16 Butterfly Logo design & implementation

• Licensing Commodore BASIC & Kernel

• "Just the BASICs" user guide

• Packaging design & manufacture

• BASIC screen visual design/logo...

I'm super excited as David's vision of his dream computer comes closer to fruition and am proud to be a small part of launching things to help that dream come true. I look forward to chatting with you all here!

Your friend in retro, Perifractic

visrealm

Post by visrealm »

Doing a great job too. 

Thanks for your work. It's very exciting!

Cheers

Troy

rje

Post by rje »

^ What he said: thank you for your work here.  I don't know how I can help, but I'll try to figure out something.

MMS

Post by MMS »

Hello there! 

It is a very exciting project, and everything I 've seen so far looks really great!

Congrats for the logo design, it feels somehow futuristic and retro at the same time!

The machine front design is unique, and the keyboard fits to that style.

The specs looks impressive. May even surpass the ZX Spectrum Next :-D  (fight!!!) 

Keep up the good work :-)

desertfish

Post by desertfish »

That's a lot of stuff you're doing!! Wow!

I love your youtube channel

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

37 minutes ago, desertfish said:

That's a lot of stuff you're doing!! Wow!

I love your youtube channel

Thank you for your kind words. Means a lot! ??

Matej

Post by Matej »

I can help You with 2D/3D CAD if You will do Commodore 128 like (I think best design of case) or cute small case/enclosure as Amiga 600. I mean "all in keyboard". I will use FreeCAD3D (https://www.freecadweb.org/) and Blender3D for renderings.

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

I can help You with 2D/3D CAD if You will do Commodore 128 like (I think best design of case) or cute small case/enclosure as Amiga 600. I mean "all in keyboard". I will use FreeCAD3D (https://www.freecadweb.org/) and Blender3D for renderings.
Thank you for the offer. For the reasons outlined in the FAQ we will not be manufacturing a custom case and keyboard.
gavinhaslehurst

Post by gavinhaslehurst »

Cheers Perifractic! Great work too. 

I popped over here via your (and others) YouTube channel to see what all the fuss was about, and I'm glad I did. It's been wonderful to muck about with BASIC again! Also looking forward to getting stuck in to 6502 Assembler at some point. Check out my Mandelbrot demo if you get a chance. This was fun to do! 

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Cheers Perifractic! Great work too. 
I popped over here via your (and others) YouTube channel to see what all the fuss was about, and I'm glad I did. It's been wonderful to muck about with BASIC again! Also looking forward to getting stuck in to 6502 Assembler at some point. Check out my Mandelbrot demo if you get a chance. This was fun to do! 
Thanks Gavin! Great work on the demo too! [emoji106][emoji973]️