Norton Commander for x16

Talk about your programs in progress. Discuss how to implement features, etc.
Forum rules
This section is for testing Commander X16 programs and programs related to the CX16 for other platforms (compilers, data conversion tools, etc.)

Feel free to post works in progress, test builds, prototypes, and tech demos.

Finished works go in the Downloads category. Don't forget to add a hashtag (#) and the version number your program was meant to run on. (ie: #R41).
unartic

Re: Norton Commander for x16

Post by unartic »

Good to hear there is a solution :-)

Maybe a good idea to post on the forum which snes controllers you purchased didn’t work with x16, so others can be aware.
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

I found this in the Commander X16 Quick Intro FAQs for Setup by Voidstar:

---------------------

While the inexpensive "under $10" SNES gamepads do work - I've found that a lot of them might only partially work on the X16. Specifically, for a great many of them, the SELECT button seems to be interpreted as always being pressed. For this reason, we can't point to a single SNES Gamepad vendor and say use that one. Even the sources that those vendor use might be inconsistent on which ones have issue or not.

--------------------

This is what I ran into with the first SNES wired Imagegame controllers I purchased from Amazon. I purchased the Scout wireless SNES from the Micro Center and, once charged, works great. I've included pictures so you can avoid the bad ones I got.

This will get us started in identifying bad and good SNES controllers.

Thanks for the help,
Gerry
Attachments
Scout SNES.jpeg
Scout SNES.jpeg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1026 times
Bad SNES Box Front.jpeg
Bad SNES Box Front.jpeg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1026 times
Bad SNES Box Front.jpeg
Bad SNES Box Front.jpeg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1026 times
the_seb

Post by the_seb »

actualy you can fix the select issue by adding a 1k resistor at the right place

quote from stefan wessel on discord
I added a 1K resistor between the left side of R1 and pin 11 on the IC (3rd from the bottom right hand side) and that solved the issue

I tested it myself too.
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

Before this drags out more, this is the Norton Cmdr. thread. Please start a new thread if you want to prolong SNES discussions. Thanks.