Greetings from Southern Indiana!

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
lupin3rd

Greetings from Southern Indiana!

Post by lupin3rd »

Just got my X16 on Friday, and have loved experimenting with it -- spent just about my whole weekend doing so! Definitely takes me back to my C-64 days, and I'm very much looking forward to writing some games and software on this platform!

I've done some x86 assembly programming, as well as some microcontroller assembly on some other platforms.

Recently watched Jestin's youtube video on setting up a workflow for asm development on the X16 -- kudos for that video! It was nice to see someone demystify Makefiles in the process of describing how to get up and going! Although I would have liked to see that follow-up video, but it looks like 9 months have passed since then, so I'm not sure if it's still in the works or not?

Anyway, glad to be here and just wanted to say that this thing has been worth my money already as it has brought me and my 11-year old son so much enjoyment. :D
Edmond D

Re: Greetings from Southern Indiana!

Post by Edmond D »

Welcome!

Hopefully you're still not too busy to perhaps indicate when you placed your order. I'm somewhere on the list but yet to get my X16 and would like to get a sense of how fast the pipeline is flowing. I want to be the first to have one in my neighbourhood.

Spring and Summer are just around the corner and I hope to squeeze in some time before the outdoors call.