Hello World, from TN

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
Xyvius

Hello World, from TN

Post by Xyvius »

Hello World,
I am an old retro computing fan from Tennessee. The Radio Shack was within a quick bicycle ride from my house growing up, spent plenty of time there. Had a TRS-80, Coco, Coco 2, and a Coco 3(still have this one), as well as a Tandy 1000 . Had friends with VIC-20, and C64. Man the memories!!

Looking forward to getting my X16 and putting it through strides. Thanks David for putting this together, it is appreciated by the community!
┌──────────────────────┐
├ Joseph "Xyvius" Rose ┤
└──────────────────────┘
kelli217

Re: Hello World, from TN

Post by kelli217 »

I, too, lived within a short bike ride of my local Radio Shack. I cut my programming teeth there on the Model IIIs and later, Model 4s (but running in III mode, because Tandy cheaped out on the display models and only had the diskless 4s up for show). Imagine my surprise, though, when my folks got me a computer and it was a Commodore 64. :) I might not have had to make the adjustment to the Model 4, but I wound up having to make a far more profound one in going from the TRS-80 ecosystem to the Commodore one. It taught me to be platform-agnostic, which I continue to this very day.