Status Update 2023-04-21

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
TomXP411

Status Update 2023-04-21

Post by TomXP411 »

From David via Facebook:
Production update. (Sorry if this comes across twice, but the first post seems to have never appeared) Good news and bad news. The good news is, we are going to get the boards manufactured by Suntronic in Richardson, TX. They say they can have them done in 4 weeks. That's for the first batch of 100. The price is a bit high for the batch of 100, but their quote for a batch of 250 is just about where we want to be, and the next batch will be at least 250 units.
That's the good news. We should be able to start shipping a decent quantity in about a month.
The bad news is, we are short Yamaha chips. We've received a few more batches from different vendors but they've all been fake. We have a few more batches coming, hopefully at least one of them will contain real chips.
-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/Command ... 104361613/
nemike

Re: Status Update 2023-04-21

Post by nemike »

I would like to purchase one of these early boards, I already have the Yamaha chips, so I can purchase without those chips installed. I already have the case and deluxe keyboard ordered. I only hope I'm able to catch the notification that I could purchase a board before they are gone...
jtk

Post by jtk »

Really wish the main conversation was moved to this forum. Facebook is poison and I think it's even tainted the direction of the project, in a few places. I suspect they're getting feedback from people that are likely never going to buy any version of the X16 even though they'll say they would, and missing feedback from people that would thrown ridiculous amounts of money at a barely working prototype.
dr.diesel

Post by dr.diesel »

^ Completely agree.