Ben Eater series on 65C02 Breadboard computer

Feel free to talk about any other retro stuff here including Commodore, Sinclair, Atari, Amstrad, Apple... the list goes on!
Gernreich

Post by Gernreich »

Just finished going through Ben Eater's whole series on the 65C02 Breadboard computer.  I am totally going to get his kits to make one.  I find it so cool that it uses the 65C02, the same that will be in the X16!

P.S. hope this is the right non-X16 forum if not please let me know ?

peapod

Post by peapod »

2 hours ago, Gernreich said:

Just finished going through Ben Eater's whole series on the 65C02 Breadboard computer.  I am totally going to get his kits to make one.  I find it so cool that it uses the 65C02, the same that will be in the X16!

P.S. hope this is the right non-X16 forum if not please let me know ?

I've seen the majority of them, yes they are brilliantly explained. i wonder if he is lurking on this board just to see how X16 is coming along?

Gernreich

Post by Gernreich »

Agreed he explains them very well for me.  I would not be surprised if he is interested in this project ?

desertfish

Post by desertfish »

He's a master at bending and clipping those breadboard wires ?

mhendrick

Post by mhendrick »

Even though the series is complete I believe the last few software videos are still building on this same hardware.

rje

Post by rje »

On 8/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, desertfish said:

He's a master at bending and clipping those breadboard wires ?

No kidding.  They guy's breadboards are immaculate and ordered.  Amazing.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite »

I can't believe that I never heard of this chap but I just took the plunge and bought his Timer and 6502 kits and I can't wait to get started.  (thanks for the link). He truly has a gift in the way that he walks through and builds up the concepts and theory of operation.

As soon as I get it working as prescribed, #1 for me is to procure the famous YM2151 that I've been hearing so much about and see what I can conjure up.

If you have not yet seen it, have a look at the 'worlds worst video card' (non-card) and be amazed. 

desertfish

Post by desertfish »

that video card of his is truly one of the highlights of his channel in my opinion ?  

The whole series about the 6502 computer on a breadboard is very cool too but I was really amazed by the video card ones

Cyber

Post by Cyber »

that video card of his is truly one of the highlights of his channel in my opinion [emoji846]  
The whole series about the 6502 computer on a breadboard is very cool too but I was really amazed by the video card ones
Yeah! Me too. )
Bader

Post by Bader »

Going to start with  the 6502 as well. In fact, I heard of the 8-bit guy from Youtube recommendations after watching Ben Eater videos.