New game uploaded: Attack of the Petscii Robots

All aspects of programming on the Commander X16.
The 8-Bit Guy

Post by The 8-Bit Guy »

Attack of the Petscii Robots

View File

The Complete Game!  New version with better graphics, sound, and music than before!  

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

I'm stuck on the first area. I have lots of items, and both weapons, and 3 keys,  but I can't select anything but the pistol or the med kit. I'm running the .41 emulator on Linux Mint.

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

I figured it out. It's the F1 and F3 keys. I had looked at an Apple manual on line that indicated it was the angle brackets (I guess no F keys on Apples.)

ilikex16

Post by ilikex16 »

um it won't run it just drops me into an assembler (i ran X16ROBOTS.PRG was i supposed to load a different one?)  

Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

On 12/24/2022 at 6:55 AM, ilikex16 said:

um it won't run it just drops me into an assembler (i ran X16ROBOTS.PRG was i supposed to load a different one?)  

Which version of the emulator are you running? R38 was a long time standard, but R41 has been out since May. Most programs posted since then require R41. Previous to that date software can be assumed to use R38; it was out for about two years.

The VERA graphics sub-system saw lots of changes between these two versions; programs that use VERA functions don't run correctly if attempted on an incompatible emulator version.

The easy way to tell if an application runs on R38 is to look for the "Try it Now" button on the program's posting here. The online emulator is still at version 38.  Developers can remove that button if their program doesn't work with R38.

There was a suggestion to mark which version of the emulator each program requires by placing a comment in the reviews. One kind developer has done it for his software. I've yet to start tagging die to my time constraints.

ilikex16

Post by ilikex16 »

On 12/24/2022 at 11:03 AM, Edmond D said:

Which version of the emulator are you running? R38 was a long time standard, but R41 has been out since May. Most programs posted since then require R41. Previous to that date software can be assumed to use R38; it was out for about two years.

The VERA graphics sub-system saw lots of changes between these two versions; programs that use VERA functions don't run correctly if attempted on an incompatible emulator version.

The easy way to tell if an application runs on R38 is to look for the "Try it Now" button on the program's posting here. The online emulator is still at version 38.  Developers can remove that button if their program doesn't work with R38.

There was a suggestion to mark which version of the emulator each program requires by placing a comment in the reviews. One kind developer has done it for his software. I've yet to start tagging die to my time constraints.

I was running r41 but i thinking what you are saying is "oh video and psg are somewhat incompatible between r38 and r41"

Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

On 12/26/2022 at 9:06 AM, ilikex16 said:

I was running r41 but i thinking what you are saying is "oh video and psg are somewhat incompatible between r38 and r41"

Exactly.