Z-machine discussion

Chat about anything CX16 related that doesn't fit elsewhere
Wavicle

Z-machine discussion

Post by Wavicle »

Is this the Z-machine you are talking about or am I missing something?

rje

Z-machine discussion

Post by rje »

On 11/21/2022 at 7:54 PM, Wavicle said:

Is this the Z-machine you are talking about or am I missing something?

That sure does look like it to me, although *shrug* dunno for sure.

kelli217

Z-machine discussion

Post by kelli217 »

On 11/21/2022 at 2:21 PM, idea1407a said:

CP/M was created by DEC, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Equipment_Corporation. I understand it was a business operating system. Many 8 bit computers did not run CP/M until they were big enough. But the Commodore 64 had a CP/M cartridge and the C128 came with CP/M inside it, if memory serves, unless that too was a cartridge, but I had a C128 and I don't remember buying it separate. As far as I know the ZX Specturm 48K didn't have CP/M but I just learned that the Spectrum +3 did. 

CP/M was not created by Digital Equipment Corporation, but by Digital Research, Inc.

Just like the 65C02 is not a product of Western Digital, but Western Design Center.

And WordStar was not from Microsoft, but from MicroPro.

Apparently it's a thing to reuse elements of other companies' names—like Business Machines, whether they be International or Commodore. ? 

idea1407a

Z-machine discussion

Post by idea1407a »

On 11/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, kelli217 said:

CP/M was not created by Digital Equipment Corporation, but by Digital Research, Inc.

Just like the 65C02 is not a product of Western Digital, but Western Design Center.

And WordStar was not from Microsoft, but from MicroPro.

Apparently it's a thing to reuse elements of other companies' names—like Business Machines, whether they be International or Commodore. ? 

Oops. My bad.