Hello from Washington State

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
Keiyentai

Post by Keiyentai »

Hello everyone. Name is Jeremy but go by Keiyentai online minus FB. Been following this project since I first saw the video David made about it and heard about on Facebook groups. I can't wait til I can get a hold of one. Love the design and I am trying to think of something to program for it especially now that were I live quarentine has given me a lot of free time. Been going over the new documentation and it's detailed and easy to read which is a huge plus. Also the 3D concept looks awesome @Perifractic what 3D software do you use to make your renders?

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Welcome! And thank you! That render was done with the help of Mat Recardo on LightWave 3D. ??

Keiyentai

Post by Keiyentai »

That is awesome. Lighwave 3D was the first Full 3D Suite I started learning 3D work/Animation with back in the 90s

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Very cool! Have you seen my Team17 videos about it? I got the Amiga used to make Worms and LightWave was still installed...
Keiyentai

Post by Keiyentai »

I did see those videos! I have always wanted to use an old Amiga with LightWave/VideoToast on them but finding one with out costing a small fortune has been a bit tricky. I remember watching the vids and being like "Ahh Lightwave 5!!". I started out on LightWave 7.0 on a 500Mhz Celeron with a 64MB Radeon 9000. Before I had LightWave I used Bryce3D for terriegn modeling and Corel Poser (Back when Corel owned the Poser software) on a 32MB TNT2 Ultra64 video. I thought at the time I had the best system in the world lol. Now I have a gaming laptop with a 6core 12thread i-78570H CPU and a GeForceGTX1050ti 4GB in it. My workstation has a 12GB TitanX (Love that beast) and I use mainly Maya and 3DSM now. Would it be ok if I did a concept render for the CommanderX16 and post it when I am done? If not no biggie just thought it would be fun to do. 

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Those were the days eh?!

For the concept render just drop me a DM rather than post it publicly initially. We've had these kind of things posted before with the case and logo, and they have caused some confusion and drama "out there", despite the best intentions [emoji6] I'll take a look and we can go from there if that's cool. Thanks for your interest and energy!
Keiyentai

Post by Keiyentai »

Ok can do. Hence why I asked. Didn't want to break any rules or cause confusion. Yes those were the days haha. I have been looking for SGI workstations but a working one let alone a full specced system are going for $1,000+ for a barebones system to I saw one for almost $9K for a fully maxed out SGI Octane2 ?

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

Geesh! [emoji44] Time to get a second mortgage on the house for that!
Keiyentai

Post by Keiyentai »

I know right lol. What model was the Amiga they used again a 1200 right? I think I will rewatch the video. Would love to get my hands on a working Amiga someday too since most of the mainstream 3D software started out on Amiga's. That or get the emulator working right. 

Perifractic

Post by Perifractic »

That was an A4000. Have fun! [emoji106][emoji973]️