1980's Memes

Post funny retro related memes or jokes you’ve made or found here. (Items should be license free/public domain.)
Strider

1980's Memes

Post by Strider »

I seen this one and couldn't help but laugh a little, this is so true!

Growing up before smartphones greatly increased your knowledge of health and beauty products at home. ?

life-before-smartphones.jpg.0eeee100baa3728f8e7d61ae0f5697a6.jpg

And this ad for Commodore made me think of "Puppyfractic". ?

Also, no eating over the computer! haha

c64-add-80s.thumb.jpg.48486eabb053fa7b03baf7660ecdd38d.jpg

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!
ZeroByte

1980's Memes

Post by ZeroByte »

The kid to his sister: "I bet they shop some cheesy Missile Command knock-off over this blank screen...."

Strider

1980's Memes

Post by Strider »

Me in the 1980's ...

No way you're gonna sit me behind a Commodore and tell me I have to "pretend" to play a game! Turn that thing on and lets get it done!

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!
kelli217

1980's Memes

Post by kelli217 »

In the days before smartphones, some people used to keep magazines or paperback novels (remember print?) in a rack so that there was always reading material within reach.

Strider

1980's Memes

Post by Strider »

We used to keep a magazine or two in the restroom. Most of the time there was a computer related one for me and a racing related one for my dad. We had a little rack on the wall to hold them. ?

Though I do remember my mom putting a phone in the restroom as well. Worst .. idea .. ever!  To this day I refuse to answer calls on the loo. haha

ZeroByte

1980's Memes

Post by ZeroByte »

Phone calls and potty do NOT mix. If you had a blind friend, would you invite them into the bathroom with you while you go? No? Then don't take me in there with you if we're on the phone.

Scott Robison

1980's Memes

Post by Scott Robison »

Phone calls and potty mix as long as no one knows. The blind person probably has a heightened sense of smell and would know that way. ?

calcmandan

1980's Memes

Post by calcmandan »

In the days before smartphones, some people used to keep magazines or paperback novels (remember print?) in a rack so that there was always reading material within reach.
I still do. My master bath has a rack built into the wall. Primo!!!

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

Strider

1980's Memes

Post by Strider »

To be honest, I don't have a lot of room to talk, we have an Alexa in our restroom, have one in every room but one. House is full of "smart" lights and my wife uses it to play music.

So we went from magazines and newspapers, to phones, to smartphones, to smart drives listening to everything we do. ?

calcmandan

1980's Memes

Post by calcmandan »

To be honest, I don't have a lot of room to talk, we have an Alexa in our restroom, have one in every room but one. House is full of "smart" lights and my wife uses it to play music.
So we went from magazines and newspapers, to phones, to smartphones, to smart drives listening to everything we do. [emoji23]
I can't imagine the many fart recordings amazon has collected.

Sent from my brand unspecific tablet